Click to enlargeDescription:
NCache is a clustered object cache for .NET that also includes a Clustered ASP.NET Session State. This Clustered Session State is much faster than the standard ASP.NET Session State and handles server-farm configuration much better. It has a better performance than ASP.NET Session State, is more scalable, and more reliable.
It runs faster because unlike ASP.NET Session State that either keeps its data in SQL Server or on one computer, NCache Clustered Session State keeps it replicated on all servers in the farm. And, this also makes it more scalable because the load is not put on a single computer. And, finally, it is more reliable because there is no single-point-of-failure due to replicated clustering.
NCache as an object cache boosts .NET application performance. It not only lets you cache read-only data but also complex transactional data with relationships. NCache provides a graphical tool for configuring and monitoring clustered caches from a single computer.
NCache provides the following features:
1. .Net 2.0 framework support
2. Single-server or clustered server-farm configurations
3. Fully supports ASP.NET 2.0 Cache API
4. Read-through, write-through, and write-behind operations
5. Object relationship handling through intelligent dependency management
6. Cache clustering as Replicated Cache, Partitioned Cache, or Client Cache
NCache also includes a Clustered Session State for ASP.NET that lets you use sessions in server-farms without fearing single-point of failure and slow performance of Microsoft's ASP.NET Persistent Session State.