(sometimes we provide two download links because it may happen that the main server / link is overloaded or slow or non responding - the files are identical. Just choose one, save to the Desktop, double click to install)
: to our best knowledge this download comes from a website that is safe
(the last time we checked it, it was), but for your peace of mind (and better safe than sorry) we advise you to run an antivirus
on the downloaded file. Do not rely on MSWindows, Internet explorer, or on the electronic signature: a unsigned download is usually as safe as a signed one, signed just means the author paid Microsoft or Verisign for a stamp, it does not mean verified. Please kindly report us problems with detail (click here to report)
, if any.
CustomIcons allows you to change standard Windows icons and customize desktop attributes. You can easily replace, colorize and save the icons Windows uses to display various objects - My Computer, Recycle Bin, Internet, Start menu items, drives, system folders, your folders and other. You can also hide or change shortcut overlays. There are also commands that change the desktop icons size and color resolution, rebuild the icon cache.
(Replace, colorize and export standard Windows icons, modify desktop attributes
CustomIcons is an ultimate tool for customizing the icons on your desktop, in Windows Start menu, for your folders and many other locations. Using CustomIcons you can easily replace default Windows icons with the ones to your choice and customize a wide variety of desktop attributes. Are you bored with your standard run-of-the-mill desktop, which looks exactly like thousands of other desktops all over the world? CustomIcons provides an easy and elegant solution for this problem! Using this small handy tool you can easily replace standard Windows icons with the ones you like and customize desktop attributes. You can change even those icons that cannot be changed using standard Windows tools.
With CustomIcons you can:
1) Replace the default icons Windows uses to display My Computer, Recycle Bin, Internet, Start menu items, drives, shortcut and share overlays, system folders and other objects.
2) Customize user folder icons.
2) Colorize icons and Start menu items.
3) Export any standard Windows icon into an individual ICO, BMP, GIF, PNG or JPEG file.
4) Remove shortcut overlays or replace them with your own images.
5) Change icons size and color resolution without changing your monitor settings (make those icons really big if you want!).
6) Rebuild and repair the icon cache (this feature lets you restore the desktop after a system crash).
7) Create stylish icons from your photos and images.
8) Customize folder and file type icons.
If you like to tweak your system, CustomIcons will definitely be a great addition to your utilities collection.
desktop, theme, icon, customize, custom, trash