(sometimes we provide two download links because it may happen that the main server / link is overloaded or slow or non responding - the files are identical. Just choose one, save to the Desktop, double click to install)
: to our best knowledge this download comes from a website that is safe
(the last time we checked it, it was), but for your peace of mind (and better safe than sorry) we advise you to run an antivirus
on the downloaded file. Do not rely on MSWindows, Internet explorer, or on the electronic signature: a unsigned download is usually as safe as a signed one, signed just means the author paid Microsoft or Verisign for a stamp, it does not mean verified. Please kindly report us problems with detail (click here to report)
, if any.
2X ThinClientServer incorporates a Linux thin client OS and includes a server to allow for central configuration & management of PCs coverted to thin clients and thin clients from any vendor. User's connection & device hardware settings can be controlled centrally by device, user, group or department via the web based interface.
(Centrally manage thin clients from any vendor & convert PCs 2 thin clients F
Centrally manage user connections, thin client devices & convert PCs to thin clients
2X ThinClientServer makes the move to thin client computing easy by delivering a solution to convert existing PC's to thin clients and centrally manage thin client devices from any vendor (HP, Neoware, Wyse, Maxspeed and more).
User's connection & device hardware settings (RDP / ICA / NX, screen size, Applications that users have access to, Terminal Servers and VMware virtual desktops) can be controlled centrally by device, user, group or department (Active Directory / Local Accounts) via the web-based interface.
2X ThinClientServer Enterprise edition includes 2X technical support as opposed to the free 2X ThinClientServer Free edition whereas support is available via the 2X Forums.
2X ThinClientServer key features:
* Converting existing PCs to thin clients
* Manage users' connection settings centrally by user, group or department
* Limit users to Citrix or 2X published applications rather than giving access to a whole desktop
* Thin client vendor independent: Manage any thin client / PC centrally
* Supports virtually all thin clients and computer hardware
* Run Citrix & 2X published applications on the same desktop
* Multiple full desktops per ThinClient
* Support for 2X published desktops
* Support for printer and sound redirection in 2X published applications
* More hardware support with Linux kernel 188.8.131.52
* Hotplugging engine support
* Improved 2X managed desktop look and feel
* ThinClient autologin support
* ThinClient shadowing support
* User Usage reporting tool
* Client Usage reporting tool
* ThinClientOS diagnostic tools
* Automatic update notification.
* Boot clients via PXE, Harddisk, CDROM or USB
* Automatic Redundancy
* Windows 2008 ready
thin client, thin clients, free thin client, PXES, thin client software, desktop virtualisation