(sometimes we provide two download links because it may happen that the main server / link is overloaded or slow or non responding - the files are identical. Just choose one, save to the Desktop, double click to install)
: to our best knowledge this download comes from a website that is safe
(the last time we checked it, it was), but for your peace of mind (and better safe than sorry) we advise you to run an antivirus
on the downloaded file. Do not rely on MSWindows, Internet explorer, or on the electronic signature: a unsigned download is usually as safe as a signed one, signed just means the author paid Microsoft or Verisign for a stamp, it does not mean verified. Please kindly report us problems with detail (click here to report)
, if any.
Allows character based apps (DOS-Windows-Unix-Linux) to print to ANY Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers. It can also capture LPT out and redirect the jobs, even if a printer is phisically connected to the port.Once configured, it will allows you to preview printing, include logos and background images, send the jobs via fax, use special fonts, colorize the text, export in PDF format and much more.
(Allows character based applications to print on Windows printers and PDF export.
This software allows character based applications to print to any Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers, even if it is a Dos/Windows application or a Unix/Linux app. running on a Windows PC via telnet, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ascii file, or you can have Printfil capturing a parallel port output, automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even if a printer is phisically connected to the captured port.
In addition, it will allows you to:
- preview printing
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- colorize the text
- print A4 landscape sheets instead of printing on dot-matrix 136-column printers
- print to USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers installed on the Windows Control Panel
- send the print jobs via fax (using any third-party fax software acting like a printer - i.e. Microsoft Fax - or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer)
- print to networked printers without having to "NET USE" a LPT port
- use special fonts (barcodes, for instance) as well as normal characters
- exporting the print jobs in PDF format, with or without user intervention
- use your own, single set of escape sequences for ALL the printers, regardless of supported emulation (or no emulation at all, as for Virtual and Windows-only printers)
- and other interesting features.
All this without changes to your applications.
If you are developing host based applications (like Unix) and the clients are using them with a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop to fight with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba and others) where to store output for your print jobs and PRINTFIL.
applications, Windows, printers, Unix, Linux, PRINTFIL